With the Captcha module of Beyond Multisite you can protect all built in WordPress forms, including the multisite blog signup (wp-signup.php) form. After you install and network activate the plugin, here are the next steps to take:
- From the Network Admin Screen click on Beyond Multisite
- Click Show Settings in the Captcha module box
- The following 3 check-boxes are related to this form. You choose which to enable:
- User signup form – Shows the captcha on the first part of the form when a user is created.
- Blog signup form (logged-out visitors) – Shows the captcha on the second part of the form where a blog is created and is visible for guest visitors.
- Blog signup form (logged-in users) – Shows the captcha on the second part of the form where a blog is created and is visible for logged in users.
- Click Update Settings
- If the module is turned off, turn it on with the Turn On button
Now we can see a security image on the blog signup form: