The Copy Maker module will let you copy a site and paste it into another existing site from the WordPress multisite network. Everything will be duplicated: posts, pages, comments, categories, tags, widgets, menus, media files, settings, users, and so on.
All the data of the site that you will paste into, will be replaced with the data of the site you are copying, except the site URL. Therefor the site you paste into will be completely and permanently deleted.
How to copy a site?
- Decide which site you want to copy and which site you want to paste into. The one you paste into will be completely lost and replaced with the one you are copying.
- Find out what is the ID of the site you want to paste into. By default Beyond Multisite adds a column with the ID on the Network Admin Sites Screen. This feature can be turned on or off from the settings of the Improvements module.
- From the Network Admin Sites Screen click on Copy under the site you want to copy. All sites except the main one, can be copied.
- A box with a form will appear. Enter the ID of the site you want to paste into.
- Click the button Copy Site.
- Read the confirmation message and make sure that these are the correct sites you want to copy and replace. If everything is correct, click OK to start the process.
- When the process is completed, you will see a message and links to the newly duplicated site.
- If there were any links or URLs in the posts, pages, comments, widgets, options, and so on, of the site you copied that begin with the site URL, their copies in the site you pasted into have been updated to begin with the new site URL (so they still work correctly).
How to view logs of copied sites?
- From the Network Admin Screen click on Sites and then on Logs of copied sites.
- If there are any stored logs, you will see them in a table. To view any specific log, click on View in the Actions column.
To see the settings go to the Beyond Multisite page in the Network Admin Screen and click on Show Settings in the Copy Maker box. Choose how many logs to be stored from the drop-down menu and click Update Settings to save the changes.